Recover Your Password#
To recover your password you must:
- Go to the login page (click on the "Log in" button on the menu toolbar in the upper right hand corner - it should be next to "View Page", "My Prefs", etc.)
- At the bottom of the form table, below the login input, there should be "Lost your password? Get a new one."
- Click on the "Get a new one" link.
- Enter your E-mail address that you registered your account with and hit "Reset password!"
- Your new password should be delivered to you in a little bit.
StupidQuestion: How to reset a user's password?#
I administer a JSPWiki for my students. Occaisionally, one of them forgets her or his password. The "reset password" link doesn't seem to work---it gives a message "Internal Error: Contact the site administrator, please." Well, that would be me, and I haven't a clue what to do.
Can anyone help?
Some stupid work arounds I've used:
- Creating a new user with a known password, and copying and pasting the encrypted password in the userdatabase.xml
- Just having the student create a whole new user account with a known password, and abandoning the old account.
I'd like to have a more intelligent work around!