This is the official documentation wiki for the JSPWiki 2.4.x, 2.6.x and 2.8.x series. Anything which is not documentation should be directed to the Official JSPWiki site. Any support questions on this site will be mercilessly refactored or removed.
Only some of the documentation from this site will be included with the distribution. Please list the pages that should be included in DistributionDocumentation.
To try out JSPWiki features, please visit our Sandbox Wiki, which is an open wiki which gets wiped clean regularly.
Table of Contents
- Installing and Upgrading
- Using JSPWiki
- Introduction: what's a wiki?
- Creating an Account
- Creating, Editing and Deleting Pages
- Searching for Content
- Setting Up Wiki Groups
- Administering JSPWiki
- Customizing your wiki
- Developing new JSPWiki functionality
- JSPWiki Community
- How to contribute?
- Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
Installing and Upgrading#See also this great tutorial here
- Installing JSPWiki - how do I get JSPWiki? What are the different versions (stable, alpha, beta?) And how do I install it?
- Upgrading from 2.0 - How to upgrade from 2.0 (or earlier) to 2.4?
- Upgrading from 2.2 - how do I upgrade from 2.2 to 2.4?
- Upgrading from 2.3 - how do I upgrade from 2.3 (i.e alpha versions) to 2.4?
- Upgrading from 2.4 - how do I upgrade from an earlier installation of JSPWiki 2.4?
- Upgrading from 2.6 - How to upgrade from 2.6 to 2.8?
This section covers the basic, day-to-day issues of a user of a JSPWiki.
Introduction: what's a wiki?#Introduction
Creating an Account#Creating an Account
- Recovering your password - if you have mush-for-brains, like me.
Creating, Editing and Deleting Pages#
- Creating pages
- Editing pages: how to add text styles, tables, attachments, footnotes, sidebars, and more.
- Renaming and Deleting pages
Searching for Content#
Setting Up Wiki Groups#WikiGroups
This section covers issues needed by an administrator of a JSPWiki.
- JSPWiki.properties - JSPWiki property file and documentation
- Page storage - how does JSPWiki store files? See also the version-specific documentation:
Customizing your wiki #
- Wiki.Developer.Templates - how to customize the way your Wiki looks
- DefaultTemplate - the template that we ship with
- URLConstructors - if you're not happy with the URLs JSPWiki users
- WikiModules, including
- Backups - and restoring
- Tips and tricks
- ApacheOptimization - if you have an Apache front-end, how to make JSPWiki faster?
Developing new JSPWiki functionality#
This section gives information if you wish to change or add underlying functionality to JSPWiki software. JSPWiki is a very hackable system. Most of the components can be replaced with your own custom components.
JSPWiki users, administrators, and developers gather in a number of places:
- jspwiki.org - this is the main place for all JSPWiki-related discussion, bug reports, and other things
- Mailing list - come here, if you want to discuss with the developers of JSPWiki
- IRC channel - if you prefer IRC, this is where we hang out.
How to contribute?#
This section should contain links to the www.jspwiki.org -specific discussion...
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)#
The JSPWiki FAQ's are currently held at JSPWiki:JSPWikiFAQ.